Friday, December 5, 2014

Little Stars

Here is a quick update.  Kiddy#1 saw the Educational Therapist today and it went really well.  She basically picked up on everything we were hoping she would and also a whole lot more which we didn't realize.

For example, she cannot understand why we have moved, but is unable to put that into words to ask us.  She is also very sad to know that she will be starting at a new school next year.  She also picked up on sensory issues she will be focusing on and also that it can take up to 30 seconds for her to register that she has been given a task.  That is why she does not always respond immediately.

My heart is so sore knowing that she got into trouble so many times before for not responding the first (or second or third) time she has been told to do something, us not knowing that she couldn't help it.  The therapist said that we will just have to be very patient with her and she also discussed this with the school principal so she in return can talk to Kiddy#1's teacher.

I'm so glad we are making progress in helping our little princess.

Craft
We've made star Christmas Tree Decorations.  It was an idea I got from another Mommy's post.  You can see her post here:  http://melanieblignaut.wordpress.com/2014/12/04/12-days-of-christmas-day-4-felt-star-ornaments/.

We've read the passage about Maria visiting Zechariah and Elizabeth while both Maria and Elizabeth were pregnant.

Here is a picture of the little decorations (I had to improvise once again as we didn't have a lot of craft material available)




5 comments:

Heather said...

So nice to see bloggers using each other's crafts. :)

Melanie B. said...

Your stars look cool!

Marianna Pieterse's Stories said...

Hi Heather, I'm so glad others are sharing :) Otherwise I would have to do a frantic search online all the time LOL! Thank you Melanie B. I had to improvise again! I'm afraid I might use all your ideas :) Please keep sharing!

cat said...

Yeah for progress - you will see it will change her world

Marianna Pieterse's Stories said...

Hi Cat, I'm so glad she is finally seeing someone that could help her adapting to change easier and to help us focusing on the right things in order to help Stella. I just realized again that one should follow your gut feeling if you think something isn't 100 %. I'm glad she is getting the help she needs.