Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Pre-schooler with Attitude!



Some days I just have to smile looking at Kiddy#1.  She has got such an attitude, it actually amazes me.  She is such a confident child... when she wants to be of course.  Her newest favorite hair-do consists of many hairbands put in her hair as well as every hair clip that she can lay her hands on.  She must be wearing about 7 hairbands in her hair to school today and a couple of clips.  Oh and don't forget the shades!  She found my pair of shades yesterday morning and has been wearing it since.  I at least managed to get her to put it in her drawer when she went to bed last night.

This morning her teacher said to me that one day she would like a daughter who is just like Kiddy#1.  This made me smile, because usually I have to hear the many criticisms from people about how she is too busy, etc.

Another thing that amazes me looking at my daughters is how they trust us so completely.  For example last night Kiddy#2 stood up on the couch next to the one I was sitting on and just jumped towards me.  There was no warning... nothing.  Unfortunately she missed me and the couch and fell on the floor!  Luckily she didn't get hurt, but in her mind there must have been no doubt at all that I will catch her.  She started with this new game of jumping of the couch a few weeks ago when we visited friends.  She climbed up onto their ottoman and jumped off, just expecting that someone will be there to catch her.  Luckily we realized in time what she wanted to do and reached her just in time to catch her.  Obviously it gave us a huge fright, but she on the other hand found it hilarious!

Kiddy#1's new teacher started yesterday and apparently Kiddy#1 behaved very well.  Hopefully this good behavior will last!

I was surprised when Kiddy#1 asked if one of her toys were given to her by her Grandma as we don't live near our families and don't see them more often than maybe once a year.  She recently started asking to speak to "Ouma" on the phone.  Although we speak to her and Kiddy#2 in English Ouma stays Ouma :)  It might be a good idea to Skype with the Oumas soon!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I guess you have a stylist on your hands!

Marianna Pieterse's Stories said...

Hi Heather, you might be right :) Last night she tried on three different outfits after bath time because she apparently doesn't like her PJ's anymore! So she wore a dress and tights to bed! I've learned to just go with it LOL!