Thursday, September 25, 2014

I don't want it...



"No fank you Mom, I don't want it" seems to be Kiddy#2's newest favorite line.  I could be offering her anything, milk, food, breakfast cereal, anything.  I'm getting the same answer 90 % of the time, however, this doesn't actually mean she doesn't want whatever I'm offering.  She just likes saying it.  If you mistakenly believe it, you will surely hear it because she will scream at the top of her lungs until you give it back.  Another thing she loves saying is "I luv you!".  Of course that just melts my heart every time she says it.

Kiddy#1 caused some drama at school last week apparently throwing her shoes in the teacher's face.  I was shocked and horrified to hear it, but knowing Kiddy#1, something must have pushed her to do it.  So after a discussion with the school principal I'm afraid I'm still non the wiser.  I can only assume that she got frustrated being misunderstood, as it is still very difficult sometimes to understand what she is saying, and she lost her temper.  Not that it makes her behavior right, but I can at least understand why she gets so upset.

We bought the kids a new dvd the other day, The Croods.  If you have seen the movie, you would know that they don't necessarily portray 'good table manners'.  I thought that the movie would be a bit rough for Kiddy#1 at times, but she absolutely loves it and finds it hilarious!  I must admit that I also enjoy it to a point that I don't even mind watching it all the time.  She is over Queen Elsa and Princess Anna now, but started wearing her hair like Queen Elsa since yesterday.  Or her version of it anyway.

On Tuesday morning we were getting ready for school and work.  I walked in to the girls room and Kiddy#1 suddenly put her hands behind her back trying to hide something from me.  Being a very observing Mommy (or that is what I like telling myself!) I have seen the sudden movement and demanded to know what she is hiding, to which she answered "I have a pider Mom!".  Needless to say my heart started racing and I started panicking, because one thing Kiddy#1 is not is afraid of 'piders' or any other insects for that matter!  So the possibility of it really being a spider was very real.  The question that remained was whether it was alive or not.  She quickly stuck the culprit in her jacket pocket before I could demand her to through it away.  So now I had to carefully open the pocket to see what was inside.  Obviously it just had to be an insect of some sorts, don't ask me what, but luckily for me it wasn't alive!  I still got a fright though... to Kiddy#1's delight!  And they say girls are easier than boys and don't do these kind of things.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dis tog te lekker om al jou stories te lees van die klein kindertjies Nikita and Stella. Moet asb nie ophou nie en vertel ons nog meer van hulle snaakse gadagtes, gadragtes and maniere. Jammer om te hoer dat julle binnekoort weer sal vertrek daar iewers Brackenfell se wereld toe na 'n klein plaasie met hoenders, varke en gaanse en koeie en 'n paar skaape ook. Die kinders sal dit baaie geniet in daaie deel van die wereld, waar hulle lekker kan rondloop en buite speel. Groote en sterkte aan julle twee en die kleinspan.

Marianna Pieterse's Stories said...

Baie dankie vir jou 'comment' :) Ja die kinders en hulle sêgoed laat ons lekker lag. Ons trek wel binnekort, maar dis net 'n gewone huis. Dit mag dalk iemand anders wees wat genoem het hulle trek na 'n plaas toe? Ek is bly jy geniet die posts. Ek sal binnekort weer ietsie opsit. Groete!