Monday, September 30, 2013

Embarrassing Moments

It often happens that the little ones will do (or in Kiddy#1's case 'say') something that could be quite embarrassing as I'm sure many parents go through.  Well tonight was no different!

We went out to a local restaurant where they often throughout the meal would play some loud country-like song (cannot remember the name of the song now) and all the waiters will start doing a dance and the kids will join them.  Kiddy#1 LOVES this!  She was in the play are when the song started playing.  I was standing with her at the time and danced with her.  I was holding her hands waving it up in the air while she was standing in front of me.  Next moment she pulled me forward while stepping on my right foot!  Yup, you've guessed it, I nearly ended up on my face!  Luckily I could stop myself from hitting my face on the floor with my hands so ended up on my knees...  Needless to say, I retreated to our table when I thought it was safe to try and give a few steps forward.  Of course I could win an Emmy Award for pretending that I was completely fine.  Well, I will be ok, but my ego is definitely down the drain!

For the rest of the evening I have tried to 'blend in' to my surroundings hoping that not too many people noticed what had happened earlier...

No comments: