Thursday, October 17, 2013

School Concert

On Monday while getting myself ready for work and getting Kiddy#1 ready for school I told her to put on her shoes.  She simply replied with a 'firm' voice "not now!".  I, being very surprised as it was the first time she ever said that to me, asked hubby "did you hear that?".  So I asked her again to put her shoes on so we can go.  The little madam put her hands on her hips and said with a voice a teacher would use to tell a naughty child off "I said, not now!".  At the time I found it very funny and actually burst out laughing, but it might have been more out of shock than anything else.  In all honesty, the first time she said it was funny, but believe you me, it won't stay funny for very long!

Her school concert was at the beginning of this month and the dance group she is in was on stage first doing a little dance.  The girls came running out on stage.  It must have all happened a bit too fast for Kiddy#1's liking as she decided to stay stationary at the back of the stage, hiding behind a decorative board peaking around it to look at the crowd and the other girls dancing.  We were so disappointed that none of the staff members were at the back of the stage to see that all the kids actually go onto the stage.

They had a fashion parade instead of an actual concert.  So when Kiddy#1's class went on and it was her turn she walked onto the walkway, grabbed her teacher's leg and hid behind her...  She normally LOVES being in the limelight and walking on the stage, so I assume that the start to the evening and her not even doing her dance with the dance group made her feel insecure.  Anyway, she still looked beautiful in her little pink, Spring outfit with a picture of Spongebob-Squarepants on it!

Kiddy#2 who is not as outgoing as Kiddy#1 decided she was going to explore so kept walking off while we were trying to stay seated.  She suddenly decided it is not so bad to interact with strangers and would walk to them as if she wanted them to interact with her, but then suddenly gets shy and hides behind the back of her hand and often while rolling her eyes at them (while hiding behind her hands of course! LOL!).  I never new that a one-year old knows how to roll their eyes at someone but I'm getting that quite frequently lately...  Once again, it is funny now, but I'm 100 % convinced it will not be funny if she tries that a few years from now!

Spring is in the air, well not today exactly, but I'm being positive here, and I absolutely love dressing my girls in dresses!  It is so cute after them having to wear tracksuits and long-sleeved tops for months.  Kiddy#1 is so excited to be able to wear pretty dresses and she makes sure that we tell her she looks pretty, like a princess!  Of course at the end of the day she refuses to take off her dress because she won't look like a princess anymore.  Luckily she is easily convinced to take it off if we promise to replace it with another 'princess dress'.  I'm so looking forward to being able to do outdoor activities with them,  like taking them to the beach or a park and since Kiddy#1 loves being on the back of a horse, I will be looking around to see if I can find somewhere where toddlers can actually go horse-back riding.  Of course with someone leading the horse!  There is an enormous indoor/outdoor playpark a couple of kilometers from where we live where they can ride on horseback.  I will definitely be looking into that.

No comments: