Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Sisterly Love

Last night we went out for supper.  Kiddy#2 fell asleep in the car on our way to the restaurant.  Kiddy#2's nickname is "Chickle-bum".  No, there is no logical explanation for where that name came from.  Kiddy#1 obviously heard me (I am the only one calling her that) calling her little sister that so now she also calls her that from time to time.

When we arrived at the restaurant I heard Kiddy#1 saying in the back of the car "Chickle-bum, wake up, it is food time!".  It was so sweet!  It actually made me laugh.  The way she said it was just too precious.

As I mentioned in my previous post Kiddy#1 is struggling to adapt to her new surroundings, but I am happy to say there were no bad reports when I picked her up from school.  At times she still struggles to speak clear enough for people to understand her the first time so I think that it is frustrating her which could also lead to conflict.  Although her speech improved significantly since July last year it is not 100 % yet.  I am so proud of how far she had come in such a short time.  Less than a year ago we couldn't understand even 10 % of what she was saying.  Now we can talk non-stop for who-knows-how-long and understand most of what she is saying.  We might have to ask her to repeat something a few times but in the end we know what she is trying to say.

This morning went much better when I dropped her off at school and she didn't scream at all.  She sat down, unpacked her snacks and said good bye to me with no tears.  Hopefully today will go well.

Kiddy#2 wakes up with a smile in the mornings.  She is so excited when she sees it is time to get up.  This morning I got so many kisses from her!  This is something that she didn't easily give at one stage and I just love "baby kisses".  Lately though, she just dishes them out and even blows kisses at strangers and anyone who just looks her way!

On Saturday night we took them out to see Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs 2.  At one stage Kiddy#2 got so excited, she climbed onto my lap and out of pure excitement bit me on my shoulder!  There still is a bruise to show for it!

No comments: