Tuesday, December 2, 2014

25 Days To Christmas - Nativity Scene

Last year I saw a post where a Mommy created an Advent Calendar with her two sons.  I thought it was a brilliant way of teaching our girls why we as Christians celebrate Christmas.  So I've Google'd the topic and got some lovely ideas online.  So we have started with our own countdown to Christmas last night.

Day 1:  We've read the passage in the Bible about Jesus's birth.

As an activity Kiddy#1 and Kiddy#2 coloured in pictures of the Nativity Scene.  Then we created little figures with cones, sticking faces on (which they drew themselves) and sticking wool on for hair.  The "Angel" got a pair of paper wings.  Here are some pics.  The picture quality is not so good because my phone's flash did not work, but you will get the idea.  (The soft toy giraffes are obviously representing the animals in the stall, and next thing I saw was when little Kiddy#1 added a teddy bear!)   I will try to get better pics next time!



Tonight we will read a different passage and as a craft the girls will each make an "angel".  We have some video clips of Christmas songs which we will show them and hopefully they will soon learn the words to sing along!

We also have little Angel pictures to colour in to stick on our calendar.

They girls loved the story and activity last night.  I'm still thinking of a way to 'clothe' the figures.  Maybe with some Tissue Paper.  I will have to go shopping to get some supplies :)

No comments: