Wednesday, December 3, 2014

You are so cute!

Yesterday morning in front of the school the girls and I were waiting for the school to open.  We were very early.  Kiddy#2 pretended to be Kiddy#1's dog.  She gets this cute look on her face when she is a 'dog'.  So adorable.  Kiddy#1 loves this game and is so loving towards her sister then.

I've made a little video clip of them playing in the car.  They were both sitting on the passenger seat and Kiddy#1 asked me if the 'doggie' can sit on my lap.  I said no she must stay where she is next to Kiddy#1.  Next moment, Kiddy#1 did the most adorable thing.  She patted the 'doggie' on her head, gave her a cuddle saying "you are so cute!".  This just melted my heart!  Kiddy#2 had a look on her little face like the cat that got the cream!



Speech Therapy
Kiddy#1's speech is really improving.  She uses new phrases and words on a daily basis.  It is much easier to understand her too.  She still doesn't want to pronounce the "s" in front of a word like Snake (nake), School (chool), Spider (pider), etc.  Also, she does not say the word "very" she says "berry".  I must admit, I absolutely love it when she says "Yes, Mom, I love you BERRY much!".

Play Therapy
We have come to realize that Kiddy#1 struggles to adapt with change.  She gets quite aggressive and frustrated easily when there is a major change at home or school.  We had a scary incident in the car on our way home just over a week ago.  So much so that we had to pull over on the highway in order for her to get into her daddy's car.  Luckily he was driving in front of us.  She got very upset because I had to close her window after I've told her that she must stop putting her hand out.  She didn't listen so I had to follow through and close it.  What she had was not a temper tantrum, it seemed like she didn't understand herself why she was reacting the way she did.  Long story short, I've been speaking to a few professional people and eventually made a booking with a Play Therapist who would hopefully be able to help her deal with her frustrations better.  And hopefully she would be able to help us too to handle these incidents better as and when they arise.  I'm happy to say that this has only happened twice so far, but we are concerned as they will start at a new school again in the new year and we don't know how she would handle that.  Her first appointment is on Friday so hopefully some light can be shed on why she reacts this way and how we can help her soon!  She normally is such a loving child.

Arguing
Kiddy#2 realized that she can argue.  For example, if Kiddy#1 touches her hair she will respond by saying "No (Kiddy#1's name)!  Why you touch (Kiddy#2 name)'s hair?".  Or she will on our way home from school say things like "No (friend's name), why you take (Kiddy#2 name)'s toy? Naughty!".  Of course the poor friend who has been accused is not in the car with us :)  The moment I walk in the door to pick them up from school and she sees me, she immediately shouts at the principal that I'm her Mommy! and that (Kiddy#1's name) is HER (Kiddy#1's name)! Not to mention the fact that the teacher better hand the juice bottle over, because as you've guessed, it belongs to HER!

4 comments:

Sula1968 said...

Berry is so much sweeter than very :)

Marianna Pieterse's Stories said...

LOL! So absolute true Sula1968 :)

cat said...

How cute are these little snippets of life. I have no idea or background to your kids as I have just started reading your blog but how old is Stella? And have you done and Occuaptional therapy evaluation for her - specifically sensory issues? Often tantrums like that stem from sensory issues and not emotional and then play therapy is not the answer. Pop me a mail if you want to know more or why I think so.

Marianna Pieterse's Stories said...

Hi Cat, thanks for posting. I will email you either tonight or tomorrow morning if that is ok? Thanks for reading and replying :) Stella will be 5 in Feb. Would love to hear your thoughts on this. Thanks a million!