Thursday, December 11, 2014

Mom, pick me up!


Most embarrassing encounter (so far)
Oh my, did I truly and honestly experience my most embarrassing moment ever yesterday morning...  Oh the horror!!!  The day started out quite hectic as hubby had to leave for work VERY early in order to leave early to pick his Mum up from the airport.  That left me alone with the two little ones, in other words, getting them into the car on my own which sometimes is a mission in itself.  Never mind getting them ready and all that.  All went well until we went outside to get into the car, which hubby pulled out of the garage for me earlier.  My hands were full of keys and bags and of course little Kiddy#2 insisted that I pick her up.  Keep in mind that my knee-length pants that I was wearing are ever-so-slightly too big for me (I've worn it while I was pregnant!!).  So keeping it up was difficult even before picking Kiddy#2 up.

Long story short, Kiddy#2 held onto me more than me unto her as my hands were too full.  When we got to the car and she realized that I was going to put her down to open the door.  She refused to get down and slung her legs around me and in the process kicked my pants down!!!  I have never been so grateful that I was wearing a long-ish shirt!  There I was, hands full, a little toddler hanging on to me for dear life and my pants on my knees!  Luckily this was before 6am so not too much happening outside otherwise.  Kiddy#2 of course still wouldn't let go of me and I had to do a rain-dance in order to get her to let go so I could pull my pants back up.  I can just imagine someone peeking through their kitchen window watching in horror what happened in our front yard!

I would love to hear about other Moms and Dads' embarrassing stories!  (It does tend to make me feel slightly better, I have to admit!)

25 Days To Christmas
Two nights ago we read The Christmas Story, a version I found online.  It was easy for the littlies to understand and they loved it.  Here is the link:
http://www.whychristmas.com/story/the_christmas_story.shtml

Last night we read about Jesus being the light to the world.  Due to a lot happening yesterday (Granny arriving, etc), we didn't do a craft, but they did get some related pictures to colour in.  The reading of the Bible passage was quite challenging due to all the excitement around Granny visiting.

Toys
Granny brought presents for the girls, Kiddy#1 got two Monster High dols and Kiddy#2 received a wooden stacking toy which they both love!  They even took it to bed with them.

Educational Therapy
Kiddy#1 has another play therapy session tomorrow and will continue in the new year.  Next week they will be visiting their new school so that everything is not so new and strange in the New year.  I really do hope they like the new school and get used to it quickly.




4 comments:

Sula said...

:) You are not alone, I think that our children have all exposed us at some point. Lucky you didn't have an audience

Marianna Pieterse's Stories said...

Hi Sula, I couldn't help but notice this morning that there were three people in their front yards this morning and two of them I've never seen before! In fact, I only always see the one person outside in the mornings and no-one else. I have a very over-active imagination at times so seeing them outside this morning is not helping LOL!

Heather said...

Shame that must have been awful, but at least you can laugh about it now.

Marianna Pieterse's Stories said...

Hi Heather, as embarrassing as it was, I had laughing fits all day about it. Maybe if it happened in a busier place I wouldn't have laughed though! :) I think hubby was more in shock than I was when I've told him!